What Are Crowns?
Crowns are dental caps that cover, surround, and protect the original tooth. The crowns we use at Matus Family Dentistry are natural looking and a great option for strengthening your tooth. This is a procedure that we perform often because crowns are so versatile and are the right choice for so many different types of problems.
What Are Bridges?
Bridges are similar to crowns, though they serve a different purpose. A bridge is a series of crowns which is used to replace multiple missing teeth. If you have a few teeth that are missing in a row, we might suggest a bridge to replace those teeth. The crowns are cemented together to form a bridge and that bridge will be connected to your natural teeth on each side. The bridge can hide the gaps in your teeth, allowing you to eat more easily and experience a better smile.
Do I Need A Crown Or A Bridge?
Crowns and bridges are great options if you have broken or cracked teeth or if you have a tooth that needs a deep filling. Here are a few other reasons a crown or a bridge might be the right choice for you:
- You have teeth that are weak from decay
- You have teeth that are extremely worn down
- You have teeth that have had large fillings or have lost most of their surface
- You have teeth that have lost their original shape or have become severely discolored
- Your have had a root canal
- You have a dental implant
Benefits of Crowns and Bridges
Getting a crown or a bridge will help you protect and strengthen your teeth, and can improve your bite. There are many more benefits to protecting your teeth with a crown or a bridge, including:
- Your teeth can be restored to their original size and their original shape
- Your teeth will be surrounded by the crown or bridge and strengthened by them
- Stained or discolored teeth are now covered, improving the general appearance of your smile
- Your teeth can now be protected from cavities and decay
- Crowns and bridges are simpler to implement, take less time, and are usually less expensive than dentures or other prostheses
- Crowns and bridges are quite easy to get used to and patients generally find that within a few weeks they no longer notice them
Call For A Crown/Bridge Consult
If you believe that you might be the right candidate for a dental crown or bridge, call Matus Family Dentistry today. We would love to discuss further the right restorative dentistry procedure for you, including crowns and bridges and their many benefits.